Tuesday, January 24, 2012

1/12 Tampa Level 3 training

Well the latest Level 3 training has come and gone.  At the last minute I (Tara- Executive Director of the ISSV™) decided to attend this training.  I'm very glad I did.  I was finally able to meet some of our Board members whom I had yet to meet, had a chance to meet with a committee member to discuss some ideas for the ISSV™, and not only that I met so many amazing Certified Practitioners and was given many many opportunities to improve my RRT® skills. 
I'm often asked at Level 2 trainings what we learn in Level 3.  The whole process of RRT® is so different from what we learned in graduate school and what we are encouraged to do out in the field that no matter how many trainings I go to I continue to learn and Level 3's are, in my opinion, the best.  It's a chance to learn not only from Dr. Connelly but from his senior trained practitioners and Master Certified Practitioners. 
The other question I hear regularly is whether or not there's a Level 3 workbook...and so far no.  In fact this weekend we were asked what we wanted to improve upon and that's here the training's focus was.
Typically at trainings I take tons of pictures.  We had this beautiful conference room but the back wall was like one HUGE window so the pictures I took look terrible.  I thought instead I'd share a rare picture I have of Dr. Connelly and myself.
Have a fabulous week! Tara- Executive Director of the Institute for Survivors of Sexual Violence™

No comments:

Post a Comment